989-348-6010    989-348-6015
120 E. Michigan Ave, Grayling, MI 49738

I'm buying in a different county. can AU SABLE Title & ESCROW help?

Our service footprint covers the entire state of Michigan. That means any of our offices can assist you with your transaction.

What do I need to bring to Closing?

  • Certified Funds payable to Au Sable Title & Escrow Agency
  • Homeowner's (Hazard) Insurance binder
  • Driver's License or State ID
  • Social Security Number

It may also be a good idea to contact your Realtor or Lender (if applicable) and ask if they have any other conditions they require. 

What expenses are typically my responsibility?

  • Realtor commissions (if applicable)
  • The Buyer's Owners Title Insurance policy
  • Any outstanding Property Taxes
  • Transfer Tax The Purchase Agreement defines these charges and we follow that foremost.

How are Property Taxes prorated?

Property Taxes are based on the calendar year. To calculate them we typically take the total amount for the year and divide that by 365 days. We then charge both Buyer and Seller for the number of days they will have each owned the property (based on the Closing date). With that said, sometimes different terms are agreed upon in the Purchase Agreement and we follow that first above any local practices.

What can I expect at Closing?

The Closing is where all of the parties involved in your transaction come together to pass the ownership from Seller to the Buyer. Traditionally the Closing involves Buyer/Seller, Realtors, and sometimes even the Lender. It lasts approximately one hour.

Wire Fraud - Be Alert


Securing your dreams

Securing your dreams and peace of mind with a stress free process